Avocado pudding with a twist is the magic that made this morning’s breakfast. You see, I walked into the kitchen wondering what to have for breakfast and spotted a very ripe papaya in the fruit bowl. I knew it was soft and sweet and just begging to be blended with something.
Then I realized I also had a ripe avocado in the refrigerator. Now maybe you are familiar with chocolate avocado mousse or pudding? It’s so fantastic how creamy avocado melts into raw cacao powder like they were just meant for each other. The avocado gives up its flavor. All the chocolate pudding knows then is silky, smooth, let me sing rich chocolate praises.
What could be better than a dairy-free chocolate avocado pudding packed with mood and energy-boosting compounds, minerals, and antioxidants? Yep, you guessed it. Adding papaya makes chocolate avocado pudding even better.
It turns out ripe papaya brings a sweetness to raw cacao pudding that avocado lacks. That lessens the amount of sugar needed. Thanks to papaya, we have a totally guilt-free breakfast that doubles as dessert. Choose papaya that is more buttery than juicy. Then you can indulge in pudding with the most luscious texture.
But let’s not stop there. All that dark chocolate goodness from raw cacao powder sets the stage for a superfood bowl. Top your chocolate wonder with cacao nibs, sprouted seeds, or crunchy nuts and potassium-rich bananas. Then your feel good, tastes incredible meal is complete.
Call it breakfast. Call it dessert. Top it any healthy way you like. In every case, you are sure to agree your superfood bowl deserves chocolate’s Latin name. That’s because theobroma cacao translates as “Food Of The Gods.”
More healthy breakfast recipes
I would be thrilled to know if you tried this recipe? Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #poppyswildkitchenrecipes on Instagram. Aloha!
Papaya & Cacao Avocado Pudding
- 1 cup packed, very sweet ripe papaya
- ½ cup packed ripe avocado
- 1 TB coconut palm sugar or maple syrup to taste
- 3 TB raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 large bananas
- 4 TB walnuts, pecans or sprouted sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp. raw cacao nibs or 100 percent raw chocolate
- 1 TB shredded toasted coconut
- Blend papaya, avocado, coconut sugar and raw cacao powder until very smooth and fluffy. A small food processor works well. You can also use a blender on low speed, but may have to stir it down a few times.
- Slice banana and put half in bottom of a bowl. Sprinkle with half the other toppings. Spoon chocolate pudding over the top and finish with remaining banana, cacao nibs, nuts and seeds.