Nature’s Chia Pudding Breakfast is something Rich and I look forward to every Monday morning. Monday is the day that we have chosen to recharge. It’s our day to turn off the computers, social media phone apps, and television news. As best we can, we fulfill our conscious choice to relax and rejuvenate our body, mind, and soul.
Now you’re probably wondering what all this has to do with chia pudding? Well, not only is this healthy, sugar-free marvel sinfully yummy, but the fact that it travels well is key to our routine. You see, on Mondays, we pack our thermos of gourmet coffee and two breakfast containers layered with creamy chia pudding, sweet tropical fruit, toasty coconut, superfood cacao nibs, and crunchy seeds or nuts. Then we secure a lid on each bounty, grab two spoons and head for the beach. We head out the door eagerly, resisting the urge to eat until our towels are gently spread on the beach looking towards the deep blue sea.
Are you imagining this? The fresh air, soothing sounds, and the beauty of nature are powerfully restorative for us. And, I want this priceless and free experience to be yours too. Ok, I am dodging whatever items you are justifiably flinging at me now. I get it. Not everyone has the precious opportunity of going to the beach on Monday. In fact, the beach may not be in your cards any day of the week. But wait, bear with me and let me paint a picture of how it can work for you.
No matter where you live, you can set aside a time dedicated to peace and pleasure. Take a moment. What is the most accessible place of nature you know? Granted, it’s different for all of us. It might be as straightforward as a chair placed near a flower pot on a sunny patio. Or perhaps it’s an open window with a view of snow-topped trees. Whatever your surroundings, I believe the healing powers of nature are so profound that even the simplest arrangements can produce marvelous results.
Now, pair this setting with a bowl of utter deliciousness. Thankfully, no matter where you sit, your Chia Pudding Breakfast tastes equally scrumptious. You can mix it up in 5 minutes before you go to bed. You’ll be delighted at how simple it is. Then you let it chill in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, the pudding is perfectly set. Before you head to your nature spot, take another 5 minutes to complete your prize with your favorite fruits and toppings. Voila! I wish you health. I wish you happiness.
Nature’s Chia Pudding Breakfast
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk or homemade nut milk
- 5 TB black chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla or half each vanilla and almond extract
- 1 TB honey, agave or maple syrup
- 3 cups diced fresh fruit
- 1 TB. cacao nibs
- 1 TB toasted coconut chips, Dang brand preferred
- 2 TB. chopped walnuts, pecans or seeds of choice
Make Chia Pudding
- Place pudding ingredients in a container with a tight lid. Shake immediately so chia seeds don't clump. Shake every minute or two until chia seeds remain dispersed throughout coconut milk. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Alternatively, mix pudding in a bowl with a whisk. Mix every minute or so until chia seeds remain dispersed throughout.
- Once the chia seeds no longer settle to bottom of mixture, place the pudding in the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- In the morning use half the diced fruit to cover the bottom of two containers. Divide chilled pudding between the containers. Top pudding layer with remaining fruit.
- Top each container with toasted coconut chips, cacao nibs and nuts or seeds.
- Cover containers securely and they are ready to travel.