Main Dish Rosemary Roast Potatoes are full of comforting nourishment. Speaking of comfort, how is the weather where you are? If you have been looking for something warm and satisfying, this dish is for you.
Now, I can safely bet we won't ever see snow on the ground outside our front door. Still, we do have times of wind and rain. So, even in the tropics, a golden brown roasted potato entree with Vegan Goat Cheese is welcome on cool evenings.
Can it be made in advance?
I always appreciate a dish that can be prepped in advance. You can do just that if you like with my Rosemary Roast Potatoes. Then, it's an easy weeknight dinner. Throw together a green salad while it bakes in the oven and you're all set.
- Trim and cube potatoes, slice asparagus and green beans and mince parsley.
- Steam the potatoes and let cool. Place them in a container with green beans and rosemary. Store asparagus, parsley, and goat cheese separately.
- Mix roasting sauce ingredients in a small jar.
- Store everything in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Then bake and garnish recipe on serving day.
You will have a fabulous complete meal to warm your belly and leave you happy no matter what the weather is outside.
What kind of potatoes?
Thin-skinned and waxy potatoes like Yukon gold, Red Rose, and fingerling are perfect for this main dish. They are moister and have a creamier texture than russet potatoes. Plus, the jewel-colored skins make an attractive dish.
Why should I steam my potatoes before roasting?
Have you ever oven-roasted your raw potatoes only to be disappointed by how long it takes and how some are still under-cooked? Chefs and restaurants often use this method because it ensures golden-edged potatoes that are smooth and creamy inside.
What is vegan goat cheese made of?
Vegan goat cheese is made from plant-based ingredients and is completely dairy-free. Typically it's made with high protein whole foods like nuts or tofu.
Some store-bought products contain oil and thickeners like tapioca or agar and artificial ingredients. It pays to read the label and seek out artisan products from farmers' markets and local vendors.
If you want to check out an amazing, clean and simple recipe made with macadamia nuts and a surprising superfood, try my artisan Vegan Goat Cheese Recipe.
Do you ever lose count measuring for a recipe? I love this handy method for knowing just how many cups of vegetables I've added to a bowl or colander. Simply place a small end piece to the side of your work surface each time you measure a cup. Now you have a visual marker to dispel any doubts.
Just in case, you might want to double the recipe. I would hate for you not to have enough, and it makes terrific leftovers.
Yes of course. It's your choice and you will have success with the recipe as long as the goat cheese you use meets your dietary preferences and tastes awesome.
More comfort food recipes
I would be thrilled to know if you tried this recipe! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #poppyswildkitchenrecipes on Instagram. Aloha!
Main Dish Rosemary Roast Potatoes
Vegetables & Rosemary
- 4 cups potato
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup asparagus
- 3 6-inch sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. soy sauce or tamari
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- ½ tsp. salt
Goat Cheese Topping
- ⅓ cup vegan goat cheese
- 2 TB minced fresh parsley
Prepare Herbs & Vegetables
- Trim potatoes and cut in one inch chunks with skin on. Steam over hot water until a fork pierces potato but skin remains in tact. Potatoes shouldn't be too soft.
- Cut green beans and asparagus diagonally in 2 inch pieces. Mince parsley and measure out 2 tablespoons.
Mix Roasting Sauce
- Place sauce ingredients in a small jar with lid. Shake to blend well.
Roast Potatoes With Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Have ready a nine-inch sized dish for two serving recipe or 9x13 inch dish for 4 servings.
- Place steamed potatoes and green beans in a roasting dish. Hold asparagus aside for now. Shake sauce and pour over the top. Tuck whole rosemary sprigs in with the vegetables.
- Roast potatoes and green beans uncovered for 30 minutes or until beans are tender and potatoes have golden edges.
- Lightly mix asparagus into potatoes and top with vegan goat cheese. Bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove Rosemary Roast Potatoes from oven. Take out whole rosemary sprigs. Strip crispy rosemary leaves from stems and sprinkle over potatoes. Top with fresh parsley and serve.